ABOUT DIODE LASER CONCEPTS, INC.
Diode Laser Concepts, Inc. (DLC) is an ISO 9001:2015 registered design and manufacturing company providing our customers unique laser diode solutions to meet their OEM requirements, specializing in custom designed laser solutions up to 20 watts. Founded in 1991 and located in the sunny and beautiful Southern Oregon, our company is expanding its work force to serve customers in the medical, machine vision, industrial, automotive and defense industries. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work schedule with a three-day weekend, and a sophisticated and energetic work environment.
DLC seeks a process-minded experienced Electrical Engineer – Circuit Designer to join its New Product Development team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering this position is responsible for designing and implementing high quality, reliable complex analog and digital circuits for laser systems. This individual will be a key member of an existing multi-disciplined and cross-organizational program team who will interface with mechanical and optical designers, technical leads, program management, customers and suppliers as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Design laser driver circuits with monitor photo diode feedback loops and low noise Laser Diode Temperature Controllers which work reliably and stably over a wide temperature range.
- Make concept circuit design, perform Worst-Case Circuit Analysis and circuit simulation, test and validate designed layouts to ensure compatibility with Laser Diode system,and design and build prototypes ensuring specifications are met before production implementation.
- Prepare specifications and needed documentation (Gerber data, BOM, and Schematics among others) for successful manufacturing and purchases of PCB and PCBA; estimate material, labor, and construction costs for budgeting purposes; and design PCB and circuit boards. Oversee PCB assembly and troubleshooting, as needed, in local and overseas automated assembly house.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve cost and functionality of products.
- Characterize and analyze electro-optical sensors and Laser Diodes for new and existing products using cutting edge lab instruments and software.
- Inspect and configure semi-finished PCB assemblies received from contract manufacturers.
- Assemble, align, characterize and test electro-mechanical and electro-optical sub-assemblies.
- Ensure the installation and operations comply with federal and state regulations (FDA), and confirm to standards and customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of electrical engineering - circuit designer experience within the custom-engineered industrial equipment space; Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering is desired.
- Experience in commercial laser equipment, opto-mechanical systems, analog and digital devices is required; optics and/or laser experience is desired.
- Proficiency in electrical simulation software and PCB design software (e.g. LTspice, EAGLE,PADS, Allegro- Cadence Altium, MATLAB, Pspice, or other).
- Proficiency in designing, testing and troubleshooting circuits for laser systems and PC board design; and knowledge of printed circuit board manufacturing processes and roles.
- Experience with modeling, simulating and designing analog/digital circuits and PCB design.
- Proficiency in designing low noise and high stability analog and/or digital laser drivers with a monitor photo diode feedback loop, and laser diode temperature controllers with PID controllers.
- Proficiency in design, measurement, and debugging of circuits, laser drivers and TEC controllers.
- Experience with typical electronic laboratory instrumentation including but not limited to oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, computer-aided data acquisition; experience with LabView and thermal simulation is beneficial.
- Proven experience with modeling, simulating and designing analog/digital circuits and PCB design.
- Understanding of circuit ESD protection techniques for ESD standards.
- Deep understanding of physics, and effectual critical thinking and analysis capabilities.
- Exceptional project management, organizational, document control skills.
- Enjoys wearing many hats and working shoulder-to-shoulder with optical and mechanical engineers.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and perseverance in finding optimum solutions.
- Open-minded and curious mindset with a thirst for learning.
- Honesty and integrity in all business practices.
Competitive compensation, medical and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, profit-sharing,and 401k with 3% Safe Harbor retirement program.
Diode Laser Concepts, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Nothing in the job description guarantees employment and/or restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.APPLY NOW!